[Vision2020] Dispel the anti-growth myth

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Mon Oct 29 19:43:15 PDT 2007

Donovan,

A few corrections: The City Council approved the rezone of the 40
acres behind the Palouse Mall; the county rejected Naylor Farms, not
the city; Home Depot never applied for anything from the city when
their internal corporate troubles caught up to them (they were
negotiating with the UI to build on the UI land the city rezoned
behind the mall, see first point); Tidyman's went out of business.

I agree with you re property taxes. If the Idaho Legislature would do
something about the billions of dollars in tax exempt sales they've
authorized, maybe there would be enough money to fund local
government and schools without burdening the property tax payer. Or
better yet, rescind Kempthorne's corporate income tax giveaway and
the timber land property tax giveaway.

m.