[Vision2020] Water, ballfields, voting, etc.

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 13:47:52 PDT 2007

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of ballfields.  But this was one of those deals that was done kind of under the radar.  That is, the public finding out about it at the 11:30 hour.  Do some pre-planning PR before you purchase the property.  Don't blame the current council for things previous councils have done.

"Kai Eiselein, editor" <editor at lataheagle.com> wrote:       The ballfields would have been perfect for an infusion of cash  into the local economy. The perfect infusion, even.
 Had lights and a sound system been allowed, the complex would  have been perfect for softball/baseball tournaments during the spring and summer  months, right when Moscow's economy starts to slow down.
 Think about it, people coming from out of town for two or  three days, spending their money on hotels, food, gas and concessions...then  leaving. The perfect influx of cash.
 But no, instead, no tourrnaments will be allowed.
 Moscow may have had a chance to host state baseball/softball  tournaments with a state of the art complex, and a chance to showcase the area  to people who otherwise might not have ever come here. And Moscow blew it. So  much for an eye to the future, just short sightedness rearing its ugly head  again.