[Vision2020] The BLog and Political Contributions

pkraut at moscow.com pkraut at moscow.com
Sun Oct 28 15:03:37 PDT 2007

I have a feeling it is none of my business and if they (the GMA) find out
it was illegal they will do something about it. Seems to me your looking
for trouble where there isn't enough of a problem to make but it is just
because they don't agree with you...if they did you wouldn't be so excited
about a potential problem, would you?? Looking for problems? I worked with
copyright info at WSU so I have had several people ask me if it is legal
for Aaron to use the Idaho plate graphic. No, probably not but he must
have checked and paid or something I assume because it would be very
embarassing to have it in the paper that he is fined for something so easy
to take care of ahead of time. But, then again!

> Pat,
>   What do you think about the Palouse Rentals and Construction
contribution?  What happens
if a PAC or campaign accepts an illegal contribution?  I don't know what
the SOS does, but
the candidate or PAC should give the money back -in my opinion. Perhaps it
is operating as
a DBA and no longer incorporated, maybe that's legal -I don't know.

> pkraut at moscow.com wrote:
>   I agree with you 100%!
>

> > That's why it is called a "public" record and a
financial "disclosure".
> [...]
> contributes to any
> campaign as long as it was done within legal parameters. One side might
> not like that so
> and so gave the other side money while that side gets money from someone
> the other side
> doesn't like. Who cares. Every side to every campaign has it's list of
> supporters. I
> bet no matter what side you look at, there would be someone who donates
> one campaign
> that doesn't to another campaign. Even if they do, maybe they don't
> donate at the same
> rate. That is, maybe they give one candidate $25 but give another one
$50 -
> so what. As
> long as it is done legally, it doesn't really matter. The reason there
> are "sides" is
> because of differences in ideology and vision -wrong or right, it is all
> matter of
> perspective. What it comes down to is this...every candidate has to
raise
> money -period.
> As long as they are
> > fine with who gave it and it is legal - who cares. Some candidates can
> raise more money
> than others -some need to (especially if they don't have the benefit of
> PAC -sorry, my
> little jab). It all depends on the race and the candidates. (but even if
> a candidate has
> the benefit of a PAC they may not need to raise huge bucks -just to be
> fair. To be
> fair-the only disclosure I have seen is the GMA one posted here. It's
good
> for them that
> someone gave $50, $100, $500, and even $1,000. I think it is more
> impressive though when
> a candidate can raise the money on their own. I am actually more
> impressed when they do
> raise a lot and from the people. It tells me that real people want to
see
> them elected.
> That last sentence is not a jab at any one side because I haven't seen
any
> of their
> disclosures, but my honest feelings on the matter. Get over it and worry
> about your own
> campaign -no matter who you are. Please send your checks to:...
> >
> > Tom Hansen wrote: >From the BLog at:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/yt2lmu (and attached as PDF file)
> >
> > Dale Courtney stated:
> >
> > "Jimmy isn't publishing the names. But I will be.
> >
> > It's public record. And it's important that my readers realize who is
> > supporting the candidates.
> >
> > Standby."
> >
> > Very good, Dale.
> >
> > Now perhaps you can also explain the $1,000 contribution made to GMA's
> > Political Action Committee (on October 12, 2007) by "Palouse Rental and
> > Construction", a company that was administratively dissolved by the
Idaho
> > Secretary of State's office for failure to file annual reports since
> 2004.
> >
> > Perhaps we should also discuss this defunct company's president John
> Ficc in
> > a rather interesting thread I call "Where are They Now?"
> >
> > Moscow anxiously awaits your response.
> >
> > Seeya round town, Moscow.
> >
> > Tom Hansen
> > Moscow, Idaho
> >
> > "We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students. The college
> > students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."
> >
> > - Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)

Country