[Vision2020] Kit Craine's email

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Sat Oct 27 00:27:03 PDT 2007

On Oct. 5, Kit Craine wrote to v2020 her email
address, which turned out to be incorrect.  Her real
email is:

kcraine at ci.moscow.id.us

not as listed below...

Garrett & all

My City email is: kcraine at moscow.id.us
My City phone is: 883-7000 x2289

Kit

On Oct 3, 2007, at 4:07 PM, Garrett Clevenger wrote:

> Hello,
> I am asking you to take a moment and contact
Moscow’s City
> Council.  Emails are below...
> On October 1, Moscow's City Council unanimously
voted yes to modify
> Moscow’s Noise Ordinance to allow police officers to
issue
> citations without warning and without civilian
complaint.  There
> isn't even a set decibel limit.  It is up to the
discretion of the
> police.
> In other words, if you are making any noise the
police deem
> inappropriate, they can now fine you on the spot on
public and
> private property.
>
> They also did not ask the public for input at the
meeting.

> The only reason it is not now law is because Linda
Pall blocked
> Bill Lambert from suspending the rules of 3 votes.
> According to our city attorney Randy Fife, our
district judge Bill
> Hamlett has ruled that Idaho law states police
officers cannot
> represent themselves as citizens since their job is
to represent
> all citizens.  It is illegal for them to have the
power this
> proposal gives them.  Therefore, this new proposal
seems like it
> would be struck down if challenged.
>
> We certainly don't have the power to have our voices
heard at the
> federal level, where civil liberties are on the
attack.  Take a
> moment to have your voice heard by your local
representatives.
> They are just doing there job trying to solve a
problem and need
> guidance to insure they are not mimicking the
erosions on the
> national level.
>
> Aaron Ament  aaronament at moscow.com
> Bill Lambert  blambert at ci.moscow.id.us
> Linda Pall  lpall at moscow.com;
> John Weber  jweber at moscow.com
> Tom Lamar  tlamar at moscow.com
>
> Unfortunately, the city website has not yet posted
the new council
> woman Kit Crane's email.  Perhaps her phone number
is in the