[Vision2020] Fw: Re: Western U.S. Forest Wildfire Activity

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:19:25 PDT 2007

It has EVERYTHING to do with whacko environmentalists and the radical
policies implemented by the Clinton administration, which brought an abrupt
and unfortunate end to rational forest and brush management techniques.

Only a few short years ago these enviro-freaks successfully passed laws
prohibiting SoCal residents from clearing brush near their homes because of
an "endangered" kangaroo rat and the spotted mesquite weevil.  Do you think
that had controlled burns and brush clearing be allowed, these catastrophic
fires could have been avoided, or at least lessened in their intensity, thus
preserving homes, (as well as the legally-privileged weevils and rats, who
by the way lost their lives and homes as well . . )

As far as any "global warming" connection to the fires, I would think if
there was any influence at all it would be to REDUCE the incidence of brush
fires.  Global warming would create a more hot and arid climate with reduced
rainfall, hence reduced growth of brush to fuel the fires, hence less fire.
So what ya need is a long term drought to cut down on the amount of brush to
burn.

GS