[Vision2020] Books

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Oct 23 11:19:06 PDT 2007

Here are some books that I would recommend.
>From Where the Sun Now Stands by Will Henry. I read thesi 30 years ago. It is very good. It is being reissued and is about Chief Joseph and the Nez Perce. Will Henry is one of my favorite western authors.

Some books I have not read jet but would like to.

My Gandfather's Son by Clarance Thomas. The review on this books sounds great. There is one thing though that I would disagree with. He says that his grandfather never gave praise for a job well done. One should not be praised for doing what is right.  I don't agree with this. When I managed a feed mill and an employee did  something wrong, I found something to praise him for. Then I would tell him what he did wrong and what I expected him to do. People are going do do a better job if they are prised for something. If all they hear are negative comments they just get discouraged.

A Personal Stand by Trace Adkins, Country-Western star.

Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell

Re-thinking Green, It is about why free-market incentives protect the environment better than costly government regulation.

For the kids- The Complete Tales of Uncle Remus by Joel Chandler Harris

Roger