[Vision2020] where are the local papers?

Kai Eiselein, editor editor at lataheagle.com
Tue Oct 23 09:17:59 PDT 2007

where are the local papers?While it was a nice attempt at a jab, Mark. The press release didn't arrive in my email until 2:15 p.m. yesterday. I would assume it probably the same for everyone else.

You didn't say whether you saw it online or in print. I would guess you saw it online.

It could be that the two local dailies are trying to get more info/interviews. It came after deadline for the afternoon daily, so there's no way it could have made it in there yesterday.

Also realize this, the Spokesman has a staff that is much larger than any around here (Trust me on this, I was employed there at one time, the employee lunch room has one of the best views in town.) so they can jump on these right away.

If you are going to take a swipe at local journalists, it least make it an honest swipe.

Donor Requests Delay in University Development in Sandpoint

MOSCOW, Idaho - Development of a University of Idaho campus in Sandpoint, Idaho, is on hold. The university has been notified by Wild Rose Foundation, the campus' financial donor and developer, that the project will be delayed.

"The University of Idaho is disappointed by the delay in the planned Sandpoint campus," said President Tim White. "Dennis Pence's vision for creating educational opportunities in northern Idaho resonates with the university's mission, and we look forward to resuming the project at the appropriate time. Our faculty and staff have been engaged in innovative planning and curriculum development for this new campus, and we will be well positioned when the project continues. "

Pence heads northern Idaho's Wild Rose Foundation, a nonprofit charitable organization.

The Sandpoint concept proposal received approval from the university's Board of Regents and Idaho's State Board of Education in February; the board gave final approval to the project in early August.

The project calls for Wild Rose Foundation to build educational facilities on approximately one-half of 77 acres included in the development and then gift the land and buildings back to the university. The University of Idaho has planned several new programmatic offerings for the campus.

The delay does not affect existing University of Idaho programs in Sandpoint, including an Executive MBA program, a master's degree program in educational leadership, horticultural research programs, and extension, family and youth programs. The university will continue to seek ways to increase its programming efforts in northern Idaho.