[Vision2020] Scientific Consensus, etc.

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 21 15:38:43 PDT 2007

I missed the episode but appeals to fear are fallacious and should be avoided.

On the other hand, some people think that the threat is real and that the time
for action is now. Maybe we can reach a middle ground and realize that
changes need to be made but that they won't be made over night.

This is one of the reasons that I'm upset by the recent decision to charge
those who ride the Wheatland Express. It is moving in the wrong direction.
We need to encourage riding buses, etc. not discourage those actions.

I ride the bus because we have just one car. This is a choice and choices like
that should be encouraged. Note that I don't mind paying -- but I wonder how
many people do mind! We need to find a way to reward conservation.

--
Joe Campbell