[Vision2020] Scientific Consensus: Global Warming: Skepticism & Replicatability

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 21 11:40:06 PDT 2007

Paul,

A few things.

First, the folks who see the problem -- primarily scientists -- are not the folks
who make the laws.

Second, I don't think folks are suggesting that we'll see the kinds of effects
you suggest in our lifetime. The climatologists I've talked to say it likely won't
happen until our grandchildren, or their children, reach our age. It is
hard to predict but what seems certain is that once the real problems start
it will proceed at an exponential rate and we won't be able to do anything.

This reminds me of the Crabtree debate about when we'll run out of water.
Suppose it is 200 years, as Krauss suggests. How is that NOT a problem NOW?
Do we have to wait until we are close to running out to do something about it?
Likewise, you would be hard pressed to find a climatologist who does not
believe that global warming is due, in part, to human behavior -- despite what
Pat says. Why not do whatever we can NOW before it becomes a problem?

Joe

Message: 4