[Vision2020] Water Concern?

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 20:49:56 PDT 2007

Ok, I'm going to bite on this one.

As much as I really hate the nay-sayers regarding the "global warming" -so-called-issue, I'd like to ask this:

IF the ice caps are melting as quickly as is being stated, (a) doesn't this put more water into the atmospher, i.e., through evaporation; (b) doesn't this mean there will be more water to fall as rain; (c) the areas that are experiencing drought right now - won't they in fact see an increase in water through rain and/or the swelling of rivers, creeks, water-ways; (d) what are the pro/cons of using ocean water, processing it and putting it into pipes as un-salted water for communities in need?  I see adds where a company is saying they "capture" billions of gallons of water a year for use - in what way?

And no, I really don't care to get into it about the "global warming" alarmists.  I'm just asking the above questions.

Thank you.

J  :]