[Vision2020] Risch for Senate?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 20:42:32 PDT 2007

I think the questionnaire seems a bit biased in nature and I can understand people not wanting to answer it. I also dislike cookie cutter forced responses that don't fit my thinking.

  A few examples are when they talk about abortion and equality for gays.

  I for one am opposed to abortion, but I do not believe that the solution to stopping it rests in making it illegal.

  Adoption by gay couples should be allowed, but only if it doesn't cause harm to the child. What I mean by that is, in Austin, Texas a child with gay parents would get bashed at school, but a child with gay parents in New York or LA would have a higher quality of life than they would not being adopted. Is it fair to the parents to block them from legal adoption? No, but the safety and well being of a child must be the first consideration.

  I think open ended questions give us a better flavor of what a candidate is like as a person and a more accurate perception of their true feelings and beliefs.

  Best,

  Donovan

Mark Solomon <msolomon at moscow.com> wrote:
        Here's a link to the Idaho Family Alliance candidate survey for the 2006 Lt. Governor race between LaRocco and Risch. Larocco did not respond to the survey, Risch did. Very educational. Topics range from fiscal to social and everything between. Personally, Risch's responses scare the $%&* out of me.

  m.

  http://www.gemstatevoterguide.com/2006generalraces.asp?raceid=4&racetype=2
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com