[Vision2020] Water Concern?

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 14:37:33 PDT 2007

Mark,
Where is a good place to find that information? -Tom

Mark Solomon <msolomon at moscow.com> wrote: I'd suggest the GMA candidates do some homework and actually read
some of the studies/reports on our aquifer, particularly regarding
the upper aquifer which if continued to be pumped at current levels
could be in crisis as soon as 15-20 years from now. That aquifer
currently supplies 30% of Moscow's water.

m.

At 11:51 AM -0700 10/18/07, Joe Campbell wrote:
>  >From the Johnson article noted above:
>
>"I think it's been used as a way to stop growth in our town and I
>don't think that's a great idea," Carscallen said of the water issue.
>
>"We don't have a water emergency. I think most of us can agree to
>that," said Krauss. "We could have, at the least, 200 years of water
>left. ... But right now, folks, I'm just really tired of seeing all
>our yards just burned up, including the cemetery."
>
>"I know that there are people who believe that we should be
>showering with 5-gallon buckets, to flush our toilets with when we
>get through," said Steed. "And I really don't want to live that way."
>
>Carscallen, Krauss and Ste! ed are all endorsed by the GMA.
>
>--
>Joe Campbell

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com