[Vision2020] taping the candidate forums

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 10:17:19 PDT 2007

I have never known a politician that didn't relish a little face time in front of a camera.  More so, it provides an opportunity for those of us who have other commitments during this time but would like to see the forum.  I know this forum is sponsored by the Chamber, but is it not for the public?

Bruce and Jean Livingston <jeanlivingston at turbonet.com> wrote:       Darrell, and other hosts of election forums,

 I suspect that the candidates will not object to  videotaping, particularly if they don't object to audiotaping.  City  Council meetings are routinely recorded and televised.  The more ways that  these forums can be recorded and made available for the folks that cannot miss  work or leave home or whatever, the better.  It appeared to  me that several folks were either audiotaping or videotaping at the NSA  forum that I attended a few weeks back.

 I recommend that recording of these events be allowed --  and of any kind, audio or video.  Just as you get more from a face-to-face  interview as compared to a phone interview, I would think that the subtle  non-verbal communication that one might pick up from a video might offer more  information than a mere audio recording.

 Bruce