[Vision2020] Friday Fireworks

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 14 15:12:38 PDT 2007

Hi Matt,

You misunderstood what the issue was about. In my post I made a clear distinction between the administrators and faculty, who have received good pay raises over the past four years, while classified staff have not.  Nearly 20 percent, according to Tom Trail's figures, are under the poverty line.

I also noted that administrators are way ahead of the CPI and full professors are way behind, but UI staff are even further behind, how much we don't know because salary figures are available.

My new suggestion is that UI administrators donate all their salary above the CPI to fund a living wage of $10.75 for all UI classified staff.

Nick