[Vision2020] Friday Fireworks

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 14 15:10:06 PDT 2007

Thank you Saundra.

Matt

From: sslund at roadrunner.com
To: mattd2107 at hotmail.com; vision2020 at moscow.com
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:53:04 -0700
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Friday Fireworks

Hi Matt!

Regarding the UI homecoming fireworks, you asked:

“I
wonder if this was donation from the students or if the school payed for that
great display?”

It was funded by donations, and not just from students:

UI gears up for homecoming

Organizers revive fireworks show as part of
annual festivities

By Hadley Rush, Daily News staff writer

Friday,
October 12, 2007 - Page Updated at 12:00:00 AM

The
University of Idaho is bringing back a long-lost homecoming tradition for
alumni, students, and prospective Vandals this week.

The
homecoming fireworks show, which was an annual campus celebration prior to the
1950s, will be revived at 9:15 tonight in the Kibbie Dome parking lot.

Homecoming
Committee Advisor Katie Dahlinger said the $10,000 fireworks show was made
possible through donations.

"We
started fundraising for fireworks in August," she said.

Dahlinger
said the community, local businesses, and the student alumni relations board
all made contributions to the fireworks fund.

"We've
had people go door to door, and (people have even donated) out of their
pocket," she said.

<snip>

Hadley
Rush