[Vision2020] Is Christian Fascism a Coming Reality?

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:27:33 PDT 2007

Thank you for printing the "commitment statement"...I had/have several problems with the way that is written, which was one reason *I* never made it (though the men in the family did.)  I also have a HUGE problem with the last part of that statement...

"If commitment to this standard in any way compromises my conscience,
then I understand that my resignation will be accepted, without notice,
and without prejudice."

Not a single part of that sentence is true.  The only way they allow a resignation is when THEY (cc) types it siting the "compromise (sic) of my conscience" and forces the person/s to sign it; even then, their revenge exacted on the person/s leaving really never ends - especially if they feel like that person/s is a threat.  If a family or person does elect to leave their fold, no matter how many letters are written by the person/s leaving or by the new church they elect to now attend, Christ Church does NOT recognize that new church as a legitimate acceptable Christian church and will not let the person/s off their (cc's) role.  At least, that is what they continue to say.  "Keep looking for an acceptable church to transfer your membership and we will revisit your application to leave."  In other words, if Dougies does not believe you are moving to another of his kind of church, you are not allowed out.  Period.

J  :]