[Vision2020] A Caution

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Thu Oct 11 08:37:33 PDT 2007

I wouldn't call Frank Robinson a "nut job." He was a very charismatic
man who had the feeling that he was somehow connected with divine
power. His gospel was largely the "power of positive thinking," like
that of Norman Vincent Peale.

He did a lot of good for Moscow. His mail-order religion brought so
much mail to Moscow that a new post office had to be built -
currently our beautiful City Hall. In order not to conflict with
local churches, he refused to sell his lessons to anyone in the
Moscow area. The Professional Building, at the SE corner of Jefferson
and 3rd, was his office. He gave generously to local charities. He
set up Robinson Lake Park.

I would call him a religious humanist and philanthropist. Moscow
could do with a good man like Frank Robinson today.

Ralph

deb debismith at moscow.com
Wed Oct 10 21:23:38 PDT 2007

And please don't forget Frank Robinson (sorry, no relation) and the
church
of Psychiania. Moscow has always had its' fair share of nut job
religions,
and always will....
Debi R-S