[Vision2020] Helicopters AGAIN!

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 9 14:22:22 PDT 2007

OK, this is getting ridiculous!!!

Is it fair to assume Avista is again behind the low-flying white & orange
helicopter that's buzzing houses in north Moscow?

On 8/27, Art Bettge posted:
"It seems Avista was behind the helicopter overflights this morning.

I wrote Clearwater Power and they didn't know anything about it; apparently
Whitcom was misinformed.  The manager of Clearwater Power (David Hagen)
kindly forwarded my e-mail to Avista and I received the following from
Avista's Mike Thomason:

-snip-
We have been experiencing interuptions to our N. Moscow substation which has
the effect of causing lots of our customers to have very short outages. This
has caused all sorts of issues with computers and other digital equipment.
We have done numerous line inspections from the ground and have been unable
to find the problem, so resorted to an arial inspection in order to see if
we could find the cause of our problems when looking down on our insulators
rather than up. -end snip-

That seems to be what was going on today.

Art Bettge"

Guess that idea didn't work out too well for them since they're at it again.

BTW, I can't be positive, but I'm pretty sure this is the same rogue white &
orange helicopter I posted about back in May.  Today buzzing doesn't seem to
be quite as low as back in May, but my windows still rattled to beat the
band.

I sure hope they hurry up and find out what the problem is . . .

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2007 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****