[Vision2020] Judge Delays Decision in Weitz Lawsuit

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 23:02:25 PDT 2007

" but alas I was with the
ambulance at Gritman--The Area Man

  With a Gritman ambulance? Hope you are OK D man.

  Best,

  Donovan

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:
  Wow, I don't know when I learned Chinese, but here's what I meant to
send:

I'm not trying to argue with Tom, but the Trib has a little bit
different story than what the Daily News is showing online:
-------------------------

Breaking News

Judge gives Moscow School District six weeks to rerun supplemental levy
October 5, 2007, 3:08 pm

MOSCOW - Second District Judge John Bradbury gave the Moscow School
District six weeks to rerun a supplemental levy before he takes action
on a lawsuit brought by Moscow dentist and former school board member
Gerald Weitz.

Bradbury ruled today that the ballot measure language was inadequate for
the $1.97 million supplemental levy run by the school district in March.

In his complaint, Weitz claimed the levy was invalid because language on
the ballot did not meet the standards required by the state. He also
challenged the validity of the district's permanent levy, passed in
1992, and two other supplemental levies passed since then.

Bradbury refused to rule on those challenges, saying the statute of
limitations had run out prior to Weitz's challenge.

I wish I'd been there to know what went down, but alas I was with the
ambulance at Gritman.

DC

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com