[Vision2020] PC Home Inventory Software?

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 2 13:49:18 PDT 2007

Visionaries:

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask:  does anyone out there use a
Windows-based home inventory program they're happy with?  If so, which
program?

The reason I ask is because I'd long been using the Classic Inventory part
of Quicken.  Last December or so, Quicken came out with Quicken Home
Inventory Manager, a standalone program.  It had some attractive features,
so I made the jump, converted my old Classic Inventory files, and used the
program.  It wasn't perfect and was kinda buggy, but I stuck with it
patiently waiting for the promised fixes, including Vista compatibility.

The Vista compatible "upgrade" finally came out.  Unfortunately,
Intuit/Quicken changed the file format, so the Vista version no longer works
with the previous *.dbf files.  What were they thinking?

Anyway, I'm in the market for different home inventory program (there are
probably dozens of them -- who knew?) and looking for suggestions.

TIA,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.