[Vision2020] Are you enabling extremism?

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:57:21 PDT 2007

When someone is killed in an arson fire, yes, the arsonist can be charged
with muder, not because they intended to kill, but because their separate
criminal crime resulted in death.  That still doesn't mean the arsonist had
the intent to kill.

You're playing What If, not me.  You want to say they have the intent to
kill, fine.  That doesn't make it so.  You started by talking about intent,
and now have moved to outcomes.  I don't have a problem with someone being
on the hook for the outcome of their actions.  But that's a separate matter
from their intent.

Someone can do something wrong-headed and illegal without having the intent
to kill.  If you want to say that 'ecoterrorists' are willing to kill, seems
to me that's because you want to put them in that box for your own reasons.

Sunil

>From: "Kai Eiselein, editor" <editor at lataheagle.com>
>To: "Sunil Ramalingam" <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com>
>CC: <vision2020 at moscow.com>
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Are you enabling extremism?
>Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:39:06 -0700
>
>So we go into the "what ifs"
>What if a custodian or another employee had been working late?
>Sure, maybe someone scouted the place out before hand, recorded the times
>people came and left. But there is always that chance that someone inside
>had a change of plans.
>Then again, there are the firefighters, you know, the people that go inside
>a burning building to make sure no one is inside. What if the building
>collapses on them?
>Firefighters have been killed at intentionaly set fires, Sunil. Even if no
>one was inside the building at the time the fire was set, there is still a
>chance that a firefighter could be killed. If one is willing to burn a
>building, one is willing to kill.
Anyone who is willing to torch a building is willing to kill anyone inside.