[Vision2020] Bear Down

Kai Eiselein fotopro63 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:09:31 PST 2007

Let's Cheer for Arizona Let's raise our voices high Let's Cheer for Arizona the Bear Down Battle Cry Let's Cheer our team to victory Let's Cheer our team to fame Let's Cheer for Arizona for spirit wins the game Bear Down Arizona Bear Down Red and Blue Bear Down Arizona Hit 'em hard, Let 'em know who's who!! Bear Down Arizona Bear Down Red and Blue Go! Go! Wildcats go! Arizona Bear Down

Wildcat facts:
The fight song is changed when ANYONE is playing the ASU scumdevils: Hit 'em hard, Let 'em know who's who is changed to Kick the **** out of ASU
"Bear Down" was dubbed the Wildcat slogan after "Button" Salmon, student body president and quarterback was severely injured in a car accident. Salmon sent a message to his teammates via Pop McKale to "Bear Down". Salmon died shortly thereafter.
Bear Down Gym has the slogan painted on the roof. In the 70's some joker painted a "T" over the "B"... probably in hopes that an Air Force pilot would oblige.
McKale Center is named after Pop McKale. The whirlpools in the training room used to have (maybe still do) plasic boats floating in them. They were dubbed "McKale's Navy".