[Vision2020] Huskey's Hypocrisies

Christopher Witmer cdwitmer at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 04:49:18 PST 2007

Ralph, passing judgment is *inevitable.* Perhaps the most judgmental rejoinder ever made in the history of mankind is the "Judge not, that ye be not judged" quote which probably is brought to bear against Christians about a zillion times each day around the world by people who conveniently overlook the fact that the text continues uninterrupted as follows "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." What the passage is really calling us to is consistent judgment free from hypocrisy. I am perfectly willing to be judged by the same standard that I judge others by. I look forward to God's judgment, not because I have any delusions of being able to stand before God on the basis of my own righteousness, but because by the grace of God I shall stand before God's judgment seat with the Son of God, my Messiah, as my representative, and shall be declared righteous as one who is found to be in Him by faith, an!
 d even that faith itself shall be recognized as the free gift of God to an undeserving sinner.

So I'm glad you brought that up because it gives me the opportunity to reiterate that we all need to strive to be free from hypocrisy.

-- Chris

Ralph Nielsen wrote:

[[ What a long, fancy sermon, Christopher. You guys really like to judge
other people, don't you.

"[W]e are all called to make just judgment. God's
judgments are just; ours often are not. Nevertheless, judgment is
inescapable for humans since we are all made in God's image, and since
judgment is one of the things God does, it is also one of the things
that
God's images do. But we must judge as He would judge if we are to
image Him
correctly" you write [see below].
Do you know that someone once said, "Judge not, that ye be not
judged" (Matthew 7:1)? Does God judge? His Son said, "The Father
judges no one but has given all judgment to the Son" (John 5:22). But
people like you would rather do our own judging, wouldn't you?

Ralph ]]