[Vision2020] school levy

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 13 20:49:53 PST 2007

I didn't say you had no right to complain. I said you have no basis for complaint.

I don't see you helping the fact that most folks don't vote.

Even if you'd like to change the system, you either have to run or vote
to do so. These are the cards with which you are dealt. Why is it so hard to
accept that the world has rules independent of your wants and desires?

--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Joe,

  I have every right to complain. It is my First Amendment right to do so. And if the elections are biased and unfair, with candidates, levies, and propositions that I think are phony or don't represent my interests, I have the right to boycott them or spend my time on things more worthwhile. And obviously, the majority of people agree with me, because only about 6,000 people vote in a town of about 18,000 voting age adults.

  If

   Best,

  Donovan

Joe Campbell <joekc at adelphia.net> wrote:
  Donovan wrote, in response to Dan's comments:

"Doesn't anyone else find it odd that MSD is in charge of setting up, recording and reporting voting results to determine if it gets more money? Shouldn't an unbiased source be in charge of an election that doesn't directly benefit from the outcome?"

The MSD board is ELECTED. These are the checks and balances that we've got in place. As unbiased as we can get under the current system. If you don't like what MSD is doing, then run for the board. If you don't even take the time to vote for a levy, then (as Dan noted) you have no basis for complaint.

You can say what you want but no one is listening because you haven't done anything. You haven't stepped up like Dan has -- and won! -- and you haven't even stepped up like most of the rest of do every election day.

Love it or leave it, this is the process with which we are dealt.

Best, Joe

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com