[Vision2020] If we care about public education

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 10:34:21 PST 2007

"As unbelievable as it sounds, if the levy fails Doug Wilson and his followers will view it as a reward from God, and a divine endorsement of their point of view."---Rose H.

  Let us not make MSD about how much we dislike Doug Wilson. We should make it about what is suppose to be about, making sure youth in the MSD get the best chance be successful and practicing a profession they enjoy.

  I think if people really care about the public education system they would look to find ways to solve the problems it faces other than just throwing more money at a broken system that continues to operate in the same direction.

  Best,

  Donovan

donald huskey <donaldrose at cpcinternet.com> wrote:
                Many of us have commented on our support for public education.  An additional encouragement to vote for the levy is found in the following exhortation.  As unbelievable as it sounds, if the levy fails Doug Wilson and his followers will view it as a reward from God, and a divine endorsement of their point of view.
  Rose

  From Blog and Mablog - http://dougwils.com/
  Gladness or Gloating
Topic: Exhortation
  I said last week that this was the last of our exhortations on civic affairs, at least for a while, but I was off by one week. There is one other set of comments that needs to be made.
  First, it would be wrong of us to let this election pass by without giving thanks to God publicly. Those in our community who had specialized in harassing our ministries received a significant set-back, for which we thank God.
  The second is to commend you as a congregation for your strong presence in this last election. It was extremely gratifying to see your involvement. When Nancy and I went to the polls, I was astonished at how many of our friends we saw there—quite unlike previous elections. That sort of thing makes a difference.
  Third, all the exhortations about service and sacrifice were not window-dressing. It is important for us to be willing to give ourselves away, and as this new situation creates opportunities to do so, let us do so gladly.
  Fourth, don’t gloat—be glad. Gladness is not gloating, and vice versa. Scripture tells us that when God intervenes on our behalf, and our adversary is struggling, a good way to get God to stay His hand is for us to starting gloating. Relief and thanks to God are most fitting. Neener-neener is never fitting.
  And last, as Shasta discovered in The Horse and His Boy, when you do something right, your usual reward is to be given another task, one probably more difficult. I say this because there is another election just two days from now—a public school levy election. As before, we are not telling you how to vote, just that you have this opportunity before you, and this opportunity, like all of them, brings responsibility with it.

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com
http://mail.yahoo.com