[Vision2020] Why I'm going to vote Yes on the Levy

Mike Finkbiner mike_l_f at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 09:30:06 PST 2007

My son graduated from Moscow High and I know several teachers who have
worked in the district.

We are not identical to Pullman, but I get very tired of hearing that we
can't compare ourselves to them.   Only a few miles apart, both are small
towns next to a university.  Pullman has made more opportunities available
for their students in both voc-ed and dual enrollment.  It may be difficult
for us, but I feel that if we do not expand our offerings in both areas we
will continue throwing away many students who don't fit into the average
college bound mold.

I'm going to vote yes on the levy, but after that - if the school district
can't convince me that they are  working VERY HARD to improve dual
enrollment opportunities with the U of I and add more vocational education
opportunities - in the future I will be voting No.

-Mike

Mike Finkbiner
mike_l_f at hotmail.com

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a
significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.