[Vision2020] Support the School Levy!

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 9 07:41:56 PST 2007

In response to Gabe Rench (Moscow-Pullman Daily News, November 5, 2007), I don’t send my kid to an MSD school but I do support the upcoming school levy. I realize that I have a choice, just like I have a choice to live in Moscow rather than Pullman even though I work at WSU.

The state has an obligation to provide an education for everyone – Gabe’s kids and mine. The funding of public education is a social good, like the funding of the military or the funding of highways. We all benefit if everyone has a quality education.

Even if I walk to work I still have to pay for the highways. I don’t get to ride the tanks but I still have to support the military. I have to support the military whether I like the current war or not.

By living in Moscow, I have to pay a state income tax whereas if I lived in Pullman I would not. That is my choice and I have to pay because of it. To make that choice and then complain about the additional payment is silly.

Vote for the school levy on November 13, 2007!

-- Joe Campbell

PS I sent this to the Daily News but I was too late for it to be included before the levy vote.