[Vision2020] New NO info...

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 23:26:52 PST 2007

Garrett,

  One of the reasons I dislike the time frame is that it seems to be saying it is OK to disrupt the sleep of those that work graveyard, but not OK to disrupt the 9-5 ers. Having worked graveyard before, I don't like this wording.

  This ordinance also doesn't address lawnmowers, barking dogs, crying babies, noisy children, loud singing, and automobiles, all of which can be very disturbing.

  Boise does also have a provision regarding the behavior of barking dogs.

  Best,

  Donovan

Garrett Clevenger <garrettmc at verizon.net> wrote:
  No new NOers,

I received an informative email from Linda Pall and we
may be on our way to finding reasonable language. She
spoke with Judge Hamlett, who pointed her towards
Boise's Noise Ordinace:

http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/City_Clerk/PDF/CityCode/Title6/0620.pdf

Basically, it make's this illegal:

LOUD AMPLIFICATION DEVICE:
Any equipment designed or used for sound production,
reproduction, or amplification, including, but not
limited to any radio, television, phonograph, musical
instrument, stereo, tape player, compact disc player,
loud speaker, public address (P.A.) system, sound
amplifier, or comparable sound broadcasting device.

if this occurs:

A. is plainly audible within any place of residence
not the source of the sound, or,

B. is plainly audible upon a public right-of-way or
street at a distance of one hundred (100) feet or more
from the source of such sound.

I could live with similar language of this ordinance.
For our NO, I'd like to add:

1 month warning period
Police can issue ticket without complaint between
hours of 10pm and 7am
Neighbors have to complain outside of the above time
frame

I've added >>> BOLDED TEXT <<< to the Boise code to
clear this up:

Section 6-20-04 ENFORCEMENT

A. Peace officer citation. >>> DURING HOURS BETWEEN
10 P.M. AND 7 A.M. <<< Any >>>MOSCOW<<< City peace
officer or person empowered to enforce this provision
of the >>>MOSCOW<<< City Code is authorized to issue a
uniform citation upon his own observation of a
violation without the necessity of a citizen
complainant's signature on said citation >>AFTER FIRST
ISSUING 1 WARNING TO OFFENDER AND OFFENDER REPEATS
VIOLATION WITHIN 1 MONTH PERIOD <<<. By signing the
citation officer or person is certifying that he has
reasonable grounds to believe that the person cited
committed the offense contrary to law.

B. Citizen citation. A uniform citation may also be
signed
by any citizen or person in whose presence an alleged
violation of this Ordinance occurred and be witnessed
by a
>>>MOSCOW<<< City peace officer or person empowered to
enforce
this provision of the >>>MOSCOW<<< City Code whose
name shall be
endorsed on the citation >>AFTER FIRST ISSUING 1
WARNING TO OFFENDER AND OFFENDER REPEATS VIOLATION
WITHIN 1 MONTH PERIOD <<<

That seems reasonable to me. What do you think?

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com
http://mail.yahoo.com