[Vision2020] Grandaddy Gary on How to Put the Fun Back inFundamentalism

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 21:23:25 PST 2007

> Everyone who has had it up to here with the follies of the
> Republicrats and the Demicans, everyone who has had it up to here with
> empire building and never-ending warfare against invisible enemies
> like "drugs" and "terror," everyone who has had it up to here with
> waking up in the morning and wondering whether we're all characters in
> "1984" or "Brave New World" or "Fahrenheit 451" will be pushing for
> Ron Paul and the ideas that he represents. That's why both my atheist
> friends and my Bible-thumping friends are coming together in support
> of Ron Paul. In the long run, we have huge differences, but in the
> short run we can bury the hatchet and cooperate in throwing the bums out.

I'm behind you on this one, for the most part. Some of Ron Paul's ideas
bother me a great deal, but I'll suck it up for 4 to 8 years just to get
this country back on track.

However, the fact that people like myself who are not trinitarians and
have no wish to be will one day be "disenfranchised" does not seem to
bother you annoys the hell out of me. If someone were trying to pass a
law that Christians could not hold office, I would be there backing you
up. The fact that my rights mean nothing to you because I don't believe
in some mythical god of yours is just a symptom of your arrogance. But I
guess when God is on your side, you can do no wrong.

Get off the power trip. It doesn't go anywhere interesting. You just
want to replace one set of tyrants with another someday down the road.
You just happen to be a member of the new up-and-coming tyranny, so you
can't see it's the same thing just with different uniforms.

Paul