[Vision2020] The "Flyer" --

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Tue Nov 6 06:41:06 PST 2007

Mr. Schou fatuously explains:

"The "flyer," as Gary calls it, is, first of all, not a "flyer." It
doesn't intend to inform anyone other than people already intending on
boycotting the businesses in question."

With that in mind why go to the trouble, expense, and risk to job of creating it, reproducing it, and distributing it. Why list the specious, ginned up reasons for the authors lack of tolerance on one side if it's only going to the similarly closed minded?

"Second, although it was (I
assume) produced by a co-op employee, if it was produced by the person
I think it was, it wasn't produced with any sort of official co-op
imprimatur."

I never said it was. While I personally don't shop at the Co-op, my wife does and will most assuredly continue to. I very much like Kenna Eaton, the general manager, as well as most of the employees that I have met. The Co-op was our next door neighbor for several years and I enjoyed having then around. A big part of the point here is that just because you disagree with a groups ideology doesn't mean you have to hate it's members and try to deny them a living. That said, it's a little hard to believe that a (fill in your preferred term here) was being distributed from the check out area with nobody else being aware of what was going on.

"Third, if it was produced by the person I think it was,
this wouldn't be the first time the Kirk had tried to get her fired
from a job for being a critic of theirs."

I think we can safely ignore this part of the post as it relays no information. It merely make a vague accusation and backs it up with nothing. Like that's never happened before.