[Vision2020] pin drop

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Mon Nov 5 17:23:23 PST 2007

Well then, in a effort to liven things up a bit how about comments on this piece of news that just landed in my mail box...

"Still more drama in Moscow - a man was featured in the papers claiming that
members of his church were being targetted.  The rumor came out that a flyer was distributed at the Moscow Food Co-Op for several weeks calling for a boycott of
businesses owned by or employing members of that church.  Along the way,
campaign workers for incumbents denied this, said that members of that church
were lying to get public sympathy, etc.

As of today, from what I've heard, the flyer does exist, the employee of the Co-Op
has admitted distributing the flyer at work, she has been reprimanded but not fired,
and is presumably still distributing the flyer in some other context.

Of course, none of this will make into the papers before the Election on Tuesday.
I think Moscow residents can expect some interesting negative phone calls tonight.

It's a complicated situation - who exactly is involved, and how could this flyer be
distributed for weeks without it being noticed?  It appears to me that at the very
least someone owes someone an apology."

The Flyer has been posted on the Right Mind site. Please see:

http://right-mind.us/blogs/blog_0/archive/2007/11/05/55872.aspx