[Vision2020] "Into The Wild"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 02:44:18 PST 2007

All-

I don't think "twit" describes McCandless, the protagonist of the book and
film "Into The Wild," unless taking a cynical view of his Weltanschauung.
At least not the "real" McCandless, as opposed to whatever portrayal occurs
in the film:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/twit

twit - noun informal:

An insignificant or bothersome person.
-------
This account at the web site below, written by Jon Krakauer, the author of
the book "Into The Wild," reveals McCandless to be more "Tolstoy" in
inspiration.  Don't open this web link if planning to see the film, unless
you want the plot revealed.  This film is probably of the sort best viewed
not knowing anything about the story.  It can be sliced and diced after
viewing:

http://outside.away.com/magazine/0193/9301fdea.html

Ted Moffett