[Vision2020] economic stability

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Sun Nov 4 14:01:47 PST 2007

There's a very interesting piece of research in the NY Times on
incidence of sub-prime mortgages by county nationwide. The conclusion
is small towns with large colleges have the smallest percentage of
sub-prime mortgages per total mortgages. An accompanying interactive
graphic displays the percentage for each county in the country. Latah
County is the lowest on the Idaho side of our region with a 12%
sub-prime ratio, generally 1/2 to 1/3 the rate of our northern
neighbors. Whitman comes in at 20% but still lower than it's
neighbors in WA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/weekinreview/04fess.html?hp

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2007/11/03/weekinreview/20071103_SUBPRIME_GRAPHIC.html?hp

m.