[Vision2020] Spam from the Future

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 13:06:21 PST 2007

A quick googling of my own revealed that spam costs US businesses over
$10 billion a year annually, and another $500 million a year for ISPs.
Another study of Fortune 500 companies places the cost per employee per
year at $1,934.

It's still a problem, with or without the Can Spam Act.  All indications
are that it's gotten much worse since 2003.  I saw some estimates that
the percentage of spam email rose in that time period from about 70% to
well over 90% of all email.

Let me know how well it works for you.

I'm skeptical that the Russian mafia will abide by it, but I may be wrong.

Paul