[Vision2020] Bubble Smiths Elected President

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Thu Nov 1 20:00:03 PDT 2007

With thoughts about the issues surrounding the Noise
Ordinance amendment, in answer to what I hope won't
happen again regarding Paul Rumelhart's post here last
month, 9/11 - what should our reaction have been?, and
always about many other issues, I present a short
story called Bubble Smith’s Elected President:

http://mysite.verizon.net/garrettmc/ramblings/bubblessmithselectedpres.htm

It's a story written from 2049 looking back into the
30 years preceding where the US saw 2 nukes explode
that led to the Big Change, which was the Roundup, the
Second American Revolution and the Second American
Civil war, amongst the Worst World War.  As you can
imagine, that really sucked, but luckily there was a
Hero from the past, a running back from the New
Orleans Saints, Bubble Smith, who rescued over 100
people during the third flood of New Orleans.  He had
sacrificed his career for it, but survived the Big
Change to lead an inspiring Presidential campaign
designed to resurrect a country that was decimated.
(It'll only take a few minutes to read!)

Dedicated to Moscow's current City Council...

Garrett Clevenger