[Vision2020] The BLog and More Political Contributions

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 18:16:57 PDT 2007

Hansen,

  Please, stop torturing us and get us to your point.

  Certainly, you must think there is something bigger here to smear against three candidates with a solid base of community support then the association with a man, John Ficca, that almost 12 years ago, committed an infraction of a state law on his construction projects back in 1995?

  This is all you have?
  http://www.lni.wa.gov/news/2000/pr000214a.asp

  There are lots of companies debarred from Washington State funded projects because contractors cannot manage to pay the high wages set by the state:

  http://www.lni.wa.gov/prevailingwage/jwages/20071/whitman.pdf

  Other companies debarred:

  http://www.lni.wa.gov/TradesLicensing/PrevWage/AwardingAgencies/DebarredContractors/default.asp

  And I think you are incorrect about Palouse Rentals does not existing, it does;

  http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_6t4jq1

  I don't know John Fecca, and I am willing to bet either do you. We don't know the situation involving the debarment and all of the circumstances. I know this is a negative mark against him and was over a dozen years ago. I do know that he worked with people as a volunteer for people with head injuries. I also know that he was also involved with children and softball, as well as the Scouts. Those don't sound act ivies Satan would be involved with to me.

  I think it is wrong and mean spitted to attack the contributors of Moscow's local Candidates. And I think it is wrong to slander the candidates. If you disagree with a candidate on an issue, fine. But to call them names, and attack them and their contributors, I believe is the wrong attitude to have.

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Political contributions were made to three candidates for Moscow City Council.  One of those contributions (in the amount of $1,000) originated from a company that, by State of Idaho standards, does not (or should not) exist.

  My question, as originally posed (last week) is:

  “If the contribution was honestly submitted by the company reflected in the Financial Disclosure Report, I am guessing that the Idaho Secretary of state would be interested in the matter.

  If the contribution was fraudulently submitted by a defunct company, I am just as certain that the people of Moscow would be most interested in the names of the people making such a contribution.”

  Now do you have a clue?

    Seeya round town, Moscow.

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students. The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)