[Vision2020] to clarify

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Nov 1 07:50:42 PDT 2007

Good morning, Visionaires --

In re-reading what I wrote in response to Garrett's questions about Christianity and the war in Iraq, I think I didn't state as clearly as I wanted to -- needed to -- that I have complete respect for the calling of military service, whether in this or other situations.  One of the most disturbing things about this war, however, is that men and women who signed up for honorable service are being used in the dishonorable service of United States power brokers, starting from George W. Bush and extending through his cabinet and bleeding into "private" contractors like Blackwater and Haliburton.  The result of their being used so insidiously bloodshed and  the grief of not only their own families, but of families of Iraqi civilians as well.  That grief isn't assuaged by political allegiance, notr can the violence be mitigated because Jesus is George W. Bush's favorite philosopher.

keely