[Vision2020] School District Math

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed May 30 12:36:31 PDT 2007

On 5/29/07, Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dr. Weitz is not only correct about the lawsuit because it is stealing from
> the public, but he is also correct in bring attention to the notion that the
> School District doesn't want to spend money and resources on the 80% of
> students that will not be college graduates and will be working a vocational
> job. Is it fair to spend 80% of the pie on 20% of the kids? I think not. MSD
> is practicing discrimination.

A caste system where certain students, based on arbitrary tests given
early in life, are not given the general education required to go on
to college -- even later in life -- is exactly why social mobility in
Great Britain is far lower than the United States, despite their
(relatively) generous equalization of opportunity.

Specialization is for insects.

-- ACS