[Vision2020] Ira Hayes' Story: remember all who fought

Tim Lohrmann timlohr at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 11:08:05 PDT 2007

  http://thegoldweb.com/voices/irahayes.htm

  The link above does a pretty good job of telling the story of Ira Hayes, one of the marines raising the flag on Iwo Jima in one of the most memorable photographs of WWII.

  Although Hayes wasn't actually killed in action, his story seems well worth remembering on Memorial Day.
  His story is just one of thousands of stories of veterans who were praised as heroes, but then forgotten and ignored---with tragic consequences---when the fighting was over.

  We should never forget those who died in combat.

  Neither should we forget those who come home with the scars of war.
  They deserve much better than the neglect Hayes, and millions of others, have received when they returned.

  TL

  "Those 'technicalities' have a name, Bobby. They're called the Bill of Rights.
                                                                       ----Hank Hill