[Vision2020] Another Way to Honor Moscow's Police Force

JeanC jeanc38 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 06:30:04 PDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Debbie Gray <graylex at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It would be more of on honor, more respectful, and
> more supportive to not try to capitalize on this
> horrendous experience and twist it to suit one's own
> political or social agendas.

-snip-

> --What is it the time to do? Be patient. Wait for
> answers. Be mindful of your actions. Be generous to
> your family, your friends, your neighbors. We are all
> grieving in some way, big or small. Plan your next
> steps. Yes there will be time to lobby for stronger
> domestic violence laws, stronger checks/balances with
> mental health issues and access to guns, higher pay
> for city AND sheriff's officers, funding for top
> quality bullet proof vests that could prevent tragic
> officer deaths, videos in police cars, etc etc etc.
> But please, be respectful of this time when officers
> and co-workers and family members and the entire
> community are still trying to wade through the
> details, mop up the mess, go back to work in a
> dispatch center with bullet holes through their pencil
> holders, bullet holes through their lives... please
> honor them. Don't use them.
>
> Respectfully,
> Debbie Gray (wife of LCSO Sergeant Phil Gray)

Beautifully said Debbie.

Jean C
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can
  change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
    Margaret Mead
http://www.uidaho.edu/~bjcraw/
JeanC's Cat House & Shooting Society
http://jeancscathouseandshootingsociety.blogspot.com/