[Vision2020] Moving poem

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Mon May 21 09:07:35 PDT 2007

This poem, written by occasional Vision2020 contributor Debbie Gray, wife of Latah County Sheriff's Deputy Phil Gray, was published in the Spokesman Review a few years back.  It haunted me when I read it then.  I had to retrieve it and re-read it after this weekend's tragedy.  It brings home the fact that our law enforcement officers and their families live with the fear of the unknown events to come, every day when they go to work.

I take my hat off to them all for the service they perform and their bravery in the line of duty --  and mourn with them and the community at large over the tragic shootings.

Bruce Livingston

Reprinted with permission of the author:
  To Phil.

  You

  Leave for work.

  Dayshift, swing, the ominously named