[Vision2020] Let's take care of the living

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Mon May 21 07:32:44 PDT 2007

Words and gestures are not nearly adequate to express the many feelings that arise from this latest incident of violence in Moscow.

The death of one policeman and the serious injury of another while very bravely doing their duty to protect the public is not only cause for great grief but cause for questions about the complexity of life that leads to such incidents.

It must be hell to be the spouse, child, parent, or friend of a law enforcement officer always wondering when you see them  whether you will see them again alive or unscathed.  And then when it happens, how utterly horrible it must be, all the wonderings of what could have been and what will be.

Our hearts go out to all who loved or knew the fallen officer and the wounded one.  We hope that Brandon Jordan makes a fast, full recovery.

And for the church caretaker, a gentle man who was giving his golden years in service of something he believed in without inflicting harm on others:  what an terrible tragedy.

I hope that for the fallen or injured officers funds are set up so that we can at least partially express our feelings through contributions so that a small measure of relief can be given to the deceased officer's family and much needed aid can be given to the injured officer and his family.

Let us all hope for the best outcome of this horrible, gut-wrenching incident -- that wounds heal quickly and that heartfelt sympathy and succor to those deprived bring comfort and make the oncoming transitions in their lives a bit more bearable.

Wayne A. Fox & Linda K. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421
Moscow, ID  83843