[Vision2020] tragedy

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun May 20 10:32:50 PDT 2007

My heart-felt condolences to the family and friends of Moscow Police Officer
Lee Newbill as well as my sincerest best wishes and hopes to LCSO Deputy
Brannon Jordan and his family and friends.

Although this is truly a sad day for the town of Moscow, the question gnaws
at the conscience of our community:

What potential devastation would we have had to endure had it not been for
the immediate response of Deputy Brannon Jordan, Officer Lee Newbill, and
their fellow peacekeepers in the Latah County Sheriff's Office and the
Moscow Police Department, as well as other agencies who provided assistance
in Moscow's hour of need?

That is a price we will hopefully never have to know.

So, while we grieve for the families and friends of these fine officers, we
must also remember (and pay tribute to) those who continue to keep our
streets safe and secure.

  _____