[Vision2020] Otter cutting help for families ... AMID BUDGET SURPLUS

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:06:14 PDT 2007

Oh Dear - I can't let this one get away.  Some my find this to be
juveline and sarcastic, but other may find it on point.  Time will
tell. . . .

". . .the governor is eliminating $1.5 million in early-childhood and
family programs next month for fear of declining federal funds."

I believe this is offered up as a "bad thing" however Mr Hansen
states, defending MSD's spending freeze:

"The Moscow School District has frozen its budget (and put several
teachers on notice, I might add) as a precautionary measure . . .
(because) It is what big boys and girls do. . . when the possibility
exists that the money they were promised . . .might not be realized."

This spending freeze is however, a "good thing."

Schwaller