[Vision2020] The Greater Moscow Alliance, Mark Solomon, and Questions Unanswered

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 12 18:29:59 PDT 2007

One question:  Although this question has been posed by Mark Solomon, I
would (and hopefully everybody else that cares about Moscow would) be most
interested in its response by leadership of the Greater Moscow Alliance.

Taking the Greater Moscow Organization's mission statement seriously:

>From http://www.greatermoscow.org/index.php?option=com_content
<http://www.greatermoscow.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&I
temid=26> &task=view&id=13&Itemid=26

"The Greater Moscow Alliance is an organization comprised of citizens of
Latah County who would like to see the Greater Moscow community continue to
thrive. Our mission is to actively participate in local decisions to ensure
Moscow and Latah County remains a great place to live, work and do business.

The purpose of our organization is to make sure our collective voice is
heard on issues of importance to the community; and to strategize in a
manner that will effectively represent our goals and vision."

Question posed by Mark Solomon to the Greater Moscow Alliance
(www.GreaterMoscow.org <http://www.greatermoscow.org/> ):

"Does GMA support or oppose the lawsuit that three members of its board have
filed [against the Moscow School District]?"

Question (in addendum) by yours truly (Tom Hansen):

If the Greater Moscow Alliance elects not to respond to this question, is
the community of Moscow to believe that public school levies are not
significant matters of our community and thusly not tools to "ensure Moscow
and Latah County remains a great place to live, work and do business"?

Waiting and hoping,

"Uh, how about a 1-strike law. Death doesn't seem too extreme for a Level-3
sex offender."

- Dale "Comb-Over" Courtney (August 3, 2005)