[Vision2020] Taxpayer Rights

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Thu May 10 21:03:24 PDT 2007

Donovan,  I'll deal with just two of your points.  I'm sure others will deal with more.

First:  The state has the constitutional duty to provide for a free public education and the majority of taxes that go to support school children in Idaho come from the state and not directly from local property owners.

Second:  Proposals for the building of schools, or other issues requiring bonding must pass by a 2/3 majority rather than a simple majority.

One extra for your nickle....I do not know what Gerry Weitz thinks.  But his lawsuit does not mention the issue of minority taxpayers being stripped and robbed of the fruits of their labor, so that seems not to be the overriding issue for him.  Why don't you ask him and when he tells you he is doing it for kids, ask him whose kids--certainly it isn't for the ones in Moscow Public Schools.

Take care,

Sue