[Vision2020] Bear Kills Moose In Driveway

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 17:36:58 PDT 2007

An article in USA Today reported about a grizzly bear in Homer, Alaska that
had killed a full grown moose, dragged it a ways down a driveway, broke out
the moose's heart and ate it and then left the area...only to return hours
later to finish its meal.  But, by then, the F&G had come by, taken the
remains to a local village (SOP for this type of thing) and the bear was,
from what I was told, being sought out as a potential hazard to the
homeowners in the area.

Chris, if you see this, can you enlighten the V2020 if the bear was indeed
caught and what its outcome may have been?

BTW, the homeowners filmed it and have portions of the film on youtube.com:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7M00aozz9A&NR=1

WARNING - this is very graphic.  If you have a weak stomach, you may not
wish to watch any part of the film.

This is one reason my family and I left Alaska...too many close calls just
like this one.

J  :]