[Vision2020] Weitz is a civic hero?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 18:44:52 PDT 2007

Hansen wrote:

    "Please explain how removing funds from the school district is going to benefit the K-12 students."

  Tom,

  Please explain why adding millions to the school District hasn't benefited the K-12 students?

  Illustrate to us why breaking the law to get money from people is a great lesson for the kids?

  Tell me how getting paid to show up for classes helps students?

  Show me how paying a teacher based on longevity of employment rather than merit and performance helps a child learn?

  Explain how paying the our Superintendent an ungodly salary helps kids learn?

  Demonstrate how a school with half the funding as MSD gets better scores, such as St. Mary's?

  Demonstrate how money spent putting up an electronic bulletin board to announce soccer practice is better for education than keeping lunch prices reasonable or lunch options healthy?

  When you are able to answer those questions, I will be happy to explain to you how keeping property taxes low ultimately helps kids, and how raising taxes beyond the affordability of their owners hurts kids.

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Arnold stated:

  “I would reason that a person that has poured their life into helping children would have reasons other than maliciousness as their motive.”

  Please explain how removing funds from the school district is going to benefit the K-12 students.

  Failing that task, Arnold, please provide examples of how public funds were misappropriated.

  "I think one of the best ways to support education is to make successful private schools like Logos prosper through tax exemption."

- Donovan Arnold (July 11, 2005)