[Vision2020] Weitz is a civic terrorist?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue May 8 17:44:34 PDT 2007

Well, that's the thing about fools and curmudgeons -- you can't figure what they'll do next, and sometimes it's worse than you'd have ever imagined.keelyDate: Tue, 8 May 2007 15:33:27 -0700From: vpschwaller at gmail.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] Weitz is a civic terrorist?BL -

It seems to me a huge amount of administrative time and a sizable chunk
of money was paid out a short time ago in what many perceived to be a
misguided attempt to build a new high school.  I don't remember
the district nor its patrons being overly concerned about this expense
- but then it was something MSD wholly embraced.  I got the
impression this (a new high school) was something so wonderful and
necessary that only a fool or a curmudgeon could be against it.
Huh.  I think MSD was a bit off-target on that particular issue.

Now we have an issue which seems to have a significant amount of
interest and support from the locals (read taxpayers), yet it is
probably NOT something MSD is totally embracing.  So this makes an
attempt to resolve this issue with prejudice (i.e. end of story) a
totally unnecessary expenditure of time and money??  And if Dr.
Weitz loses, cannot the district have court costs and associated legal
fees paid for by the plaintiff?

I think MSD has a concern, but I'm not so sure it's main focus is an unnecessary expenditure of time and money.

Schwaller

"Be concerned.  Be very concerned."
    (with apologies to Veronica Quaife)On 5/8/07, Bill London <london at moscow.com> wrote:

G-
your question: "If Dr. Weitz's claim has no legal merit, then why would MSD have any
concern?"
my response: a huge amount of administrative time and a sizable chunk of
money (as in paid by local taxes to the district) will have to be used to fight
this suit.  Of course the district, and its patrons, are concerned.
BL