[Vision2020] Weitz is a civic terrorist?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue May 8 17:37:08 PDT 2007

Most people would reason that a lawsuit filed against the enactment of a levy the plaintiff supported publicly to be, at best, curious.  "Frivolous" might work, too, as would "reckless, vindictive, and counter-productive-to-the-point-of-malicious."keelyDate: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:10:52 -0700From: vpschwaller at gmail.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: [Vision2020] Weitz is a civic terrorist?Ms. Emerinemix,

I don't know if there is any merit to Dr. Weitz's claim.  I
believe that the foundation for any argument is "is this position
valid?"   With something as complex and potentially dangerous
and damaging as the illlegality of a tax-based ballot measure, I have no
problem with someone questions its validity.  Dr. Weitz has wisely
chosen to use the law to determine if his claim has merit.  Many
will discount this as "frivolity" and cite a laundry list of reasons
based on gut-wrenching emotion (oh the poor kids!  The poor
teachers!  The poor administration!) and avoid considering a more
insidious outcome of allowing a group to unfairly and inappropriately
tax the public for whatever it is they want (be it schools, roads,
parks, athletic centers).  This potentially could set a precedence
by which any group could do the same thing.  If Dr. Weitz's claim
has no legal merit, then why would MSD have any concern?  I for
one would rather see the law surrounding this issue clearly delineated
than to see some other, possibly more unsavory group, use the same
tactics to fund their particular interest.

Schwaller

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall on you"
     Mark Knopfler